Tuesday, June 29, 2010

in between the laughter and tears

Well, I just sent out my second round of letters. It is a lot of work, I'm realizing. I'm praying for increased trust and faith as I work and wait for the remaining support I need for this year to come in. I was telling a friend today that I keep finding myself in this place where I feel I have two options: find something to laugh and smile about while begging for increased faith and trust in Jehovah Jireh or succumb to the overwhelming sense of doubt that threatens to bring me to tears. I'm choosing to laugh.

Things in PA continue to progress. I'm feeling more acclimated and learning how things work. I'm still "church searching" which comes with its own frustrations, but again, I'm praying for trust and guidance and learning a lot about the church and the Body of Christ, as well as myself and my role in both, in the process. These are things I've been mulling over for the last year with my community in Chicago as well so its good to be reminded of a lot of the same lessons God has been teaching again and again.

We're entering into our busiest time of the summer here at ABWE in a couple weeks. July is full of conferences and seminars and I'll be running around doing everything from cooking and helping in the kitchen to playing countless high-energy games with a bunch of teenagers. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is spending time with MKs of all ages. I LOVE it (I definitely wasn't made to sit in an office all day...). I remember what it was like raising support with my parents and facing the identity crisis that comes with switching cultures all the time. I want to be an encouragement and blessing to them as they come with all their unique experiences and personalities.

Prayer Partner update: It is my goal to have 50 committed partners to pray specifically for this ministry by July 20. I've got my first one! Let me know if you want to join the team, please be sure to include your email address so I can send you brief weekly updates!

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you Charity. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. We love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete