Tuesday, August 3, 2010

my life is like the back roads of pennsylvania...

...in that it seems it is always curving, turning, with just enough light to see directly in front of me but not terribly far down the road. Sometimes there are one lane bridges, sometimes I feel stuck going 20 miles under the speed limit, sometimes things (like deer or unexpected news) jump out of the surrounding dark woods and take me off guard. There are plenty of bumps and potholes but these are outnumbered by the countless breathtaking glimpses of the turning trees (it seems early but some of the trees out here already seem to be turning colors), the HUGE glowing auburn moon, the stars, the creek/lake/body of water by Pinchot Park that sparkles with the light from said auburn moon and shiny stars...i could keep going.

Around the most recent bend of my road is the unexpected decision that my internship here with ABWE has come to a premature end. After much prayer, brainstorming and seeking counsel, we (me and Holly, our supervisor and our boss) decided that with the present circumstances it is best for us not to continue. We have been praying over the past few months for needed support and vehicles to carry out our responsibilities here with the mission and for reasons we may never know, they weren't provided. While we don't understand why things have unfolded as they have, why God chose not to provide for this particular situation to move forward, we recognize that He is still more than capable, ever-faithful and remains in control of our every step. I am praising Him for the direction that this decision has provided for all involved.

For now, I am moving back to Chicago a week from today on August 10. I'm in the process of applying for jobs, looking for a place to live, etc. I am looking forward to seeing friends and jumping back into community with the people I love there. I'd appreciate your prayers as I venture back. I'm grateful for "my girls" who are graciously picking me up from the airport and letting me stay with them while I figure things out.

I've been clinging to the following verse from Psalm 37 lately, may it encourage you as it has me:

"I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread. He is ever lending generously, and his children become a blessing." [verses 25-26]

1 comment:

  1. Hey Charity - Kacie here, Isaac's wife and Jana's older sister.
    Dude I feel the SAME way right now, and that verse hits me too.

    Finances... phew.
    So yeah, I feel your pain, and I know God is guiding even when He doesn't seem to be providing.

    Hey, if you want to teach English overseas and only raise $1,000 per month for health insurance and that's it, contact me via facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete